:: [devuan-dev] bug#762: Debian remove…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Klaus Ethgen
À: Mark Hindley
CC: 762
Sujet: [devuan-dev] bug#762: Debian removed essential startup scripts
Hi Marc,

Am Di den 20. Jun 2023 um 12:17 schrieb Mark Hindley:
> Could you please clarify the boot failure mode caused by the initscript
> removal. We are pursuing this in Debian, but lorenzo has just pointed out that
>
> On Tue, Jun 20, 2023 at 12:18:47PM +0200, lorenzo wrote:
> > Can you elaborate on this? I may be wrong, but I don't understand how the
> > removal of mdadm script can render the system unbootable: the script runs
> > mdadm in monitor mode and starts in runlevel 2. There is no script (removed)
> > in runlevel S, I suspect a fail to boot will involve a problem in the kernel
> > or in udev rules (that are still there)?

> I have had a quick look and agree.
>
> Is there some other change that has caused this? Or has the initramfs
> integration broken. Have you edited the runlevels of the original initscripts?

Hmm. I have to admit that I did not had the courage to boot the system
without that init script as I am depending on working md devices.

But I have a pretty old system with no initrd and separated /usr as it
was supported long ago. So I am usual extra sensitive to such changes.

Regards
   Klaus
--
Klaus Ethgen                                       http://www.ethgen.ch/