:: [devuan-dev] bug#749: marked as don…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Devuan bug Tracking System
Aan: Mark Hindley
Onderwerp: [devuan-dev] bug#749: marked as done (initscripts: /etc/init.d/halt calls halt with unsupported options)
Your message dated Tue, 20 Jun 2023 07:30:39 +0100
with message-id <ZJFHjz3rmHNATEx/@???>
and subject line Fixed in Debian #1032943
has caused the Devuan bug report #749,
regarding initscripts: /etc/init.d/halt calls halt with unsupported options
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact owner@???
immediately.)

--
749: https://bugs.devuan.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=749
Devuan Bug Tracking System

Dear Maintainer,

Every time I `poweroff` my machine, I see error message flash by that
complain about `halt` being called with unsupported options. I think
I have tracked this down to /etc/init.d/halt making blind assumptions
about the options supported by the `halt` command.

Said command may be provided by any of a number of packages. A quick
`apt-file search sbin/halt` turns up

$ apt-file search sbin/halt
bfh-container: /sbin/halt
finit-sysv: /sbin/halt
molly-guard: /sbin/halt
progress-linux-container: /sbin/halt
runit-init: /sbin/halt
systemd-sysv: /sbin/halt
sysvinit-core: /sbin/halt

Mine happens to be

$ ls -l /sbin/halt
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 19 Feb 10 03:45 /sbin/halt -> /lib/runit/shutdown

where the symlink target is from the runit package. According to the
manual page, my halt command only supports -f, -w and -n short options.

The /etc/init.d/halt script may invokes the halt command with -d and -f
options and may add any of -i, -p and -h.

BTW, I also have runit-init installed which provides the `poweroff` and
`halt` commands that get executed. Seeing that runit-init depends on
initscripts one could argue that runit-init should support those options
in which case feel free to forward this to that package (in the Debian
BTS). From past experience, its maintainer is open to init freedom ;-)

If not a runit-init issue, this may still be worthwhile to upstream to
the Debian BTS for initscripts. Even the systemd-sysv `halt` does not
claim to support -i or -h options in its manual page :-o

-- System Information:
Architecture: x86_64

Kernel: Linux 6.1.0-3-amd64 (SMP w/16 CPU threads; PREEMPT)
Locale: LANG=C.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=C.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8), LANGUAGE not set
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
Init: runit (via /run/runit.stopit)
LSM: AppArmor: enabled

Versions of packages initscripts depends on:
ii  sysv-rc         3.06-2devuan1
ii  sysvinit-utils  3.06-2devuan1

Versions of packages initscripts recommends:
ii  e2fsprogs  1.46.6-1
pn  psmisc     <none>

initscripts suggests no packages.

-- no debconf information