:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2023-06-…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: B Stack
À: devuan developers internal list
Sujet: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2023-06-15
# Devuan meet 2023-06-15 @20:30 UTC

Present: hendrik, adam, golinux, fsmithred

Regrets: plasma41, altoid

## Old Business
### golinux
  - devuan.info is supposedly in process of being transferred to dyne.
  - dev-1.org and dev-one.org are still not forwarding to devuan.org
so those 2 domains should probably be removed from www index page.
    - (Xenguy) Done (will wait to publish Live due to current
publishing-to-Live freeze).
      - (gl) Ha! jaromil just fixed those links so you'll need to revert.
        - (Xenguy) Also done : -)
  - broken symlink revisions on gitea are ~still in "process".~
(plasma41) [pending
approval](https://git.devuan.org/devuan/documentation/pulls/7)
  - no further discussion about renaming the "banned" packages list to
something more in accordance with the reality that it is not us
banning them but Debian that has made them unworkable in Devuan.

### Daedalus Release

Debian Bookworm was released on 2023-06-10.

We need to be ready to follow with Daedalus as soon as practicable.

**Current task allocation:**
* [?] Request to mailing lists for ISO testers
* [plasma41] ISO testing
* [LeePen started] Release Notes
  - Contributions and review from others welcome to [wip/daedalus
    branch](https://git.devuan.org/devuan/documentation/src/branch/wip/daedalus)
- [?] Announcement post (also gets published to devuan.org)
    - (gl) Yes it does!
+ [fsmithred] Live ISO
  - (fsr) rc1 live isos are in my home on fdo. Tell me when to make them public.
+ [adam] Docker images
* [Xenguy] Website
  - (gl) removed xisop as he bowed out sometime ago . . .
  - (Xenguy) There are 2 standard 'install' and 'migrate' documents
that need to be created/copied and adapted to Daedalus (will look into
this this weekend...)
* [?] Torrents and magnet links
- [?] Tor/onion service?

**What else is outstanding or needs attention?**
- (Xenguy) I noticed recently that our Tor/onion instance was
commented out on the web site (comment reads: "Reenable when v3 onion
URL available").  Wondering if anyone recalls anything about this?  Do
we want to reactivate it, or is that history now?
- (Xenguy) Question:  Do the 'Release Notes' (see above) include the
'announcement' that is made for each release?
  - (fsr) No, the announcement is separate and unique, just like all
the other release announcements.
    - (gl) and both get posted to www in their appropriate spaces

### hendrik
- I posted a note about the proposed new wiki on the developers
mailing list. I would appreciate any relevant feedback before I start
creating the new wiki's pages. email responses preferred; they are
easier to collect.
- (Xenguy) It would be useful to have a sense of the purposes and
scope of the wiki content. Also what is the best relationship between
the main web site and the new wiki generally?

### adam

- small PR to wip/daedalus for docker image release notes merged.
- note hendrik's wiki addition suggestion mentioning raspberry pi images, etc
- upstream rpi build repo almost converged and tested on my private
jenkins that builds the images - discuss/ plan to build on devuan
jenkins?
- over 2 years of supporting stable nightly builds with good
upstream relationship, ensuring future devuan compatibility
- almost ready for signing of daedalus images as per chimaera release

## Old Actions

## New Business

### LeePen

#### Amprolla

Deployed update:-

- pylint cleanup fixes
- ignore `updates/` prefix to components in debian-security (fixes
availability of
daedalus-security non-free-firmware)

#### Jenkins

* Update Jenkins to stable version 2.401.1.
* Update Jenkins plugins.
* Add workaround for missing suite debootstrap scripts (fallback to
ceres script).

#### Freeze

Automatic [britney migrations ceres ⇒
daedalus](https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/britney/daedalus/excuses.html) are now
frozen and require a manual unblock

#### Packaging

- ceres:-
    + choose-mirror, debian-installer, devuan-keyring, packagekit, base-files
- daedalus-proposed-updates:-
    + base-files
- chimaera-proposed-updates:-
    + debootstrap

#### Debugging symbols

This came up again on [#devuan-dev](ircs://irc.libera.chat/devuan-dev). I have
[started some
documentation](https://git.devuan.org/devuan/www.devuan.org/commit/c3a6a948b31d54b97bfde1a92a0c5472bc4d4d41)
for using dbgsym packages. Review, improvements and comments welcome.

I suggested a
[debuginfod](https://manpages.debian.org/testing/debuginfod/debuginfod.8.en.html)
instance in January 2022, but there seemed little interest. What do people think
now?

### golinux
- Sent an email to Thomas who submitted a patch to fix a slim-lock
bug asking if he could possibly incorporate it into slim as Rob Pearce
is unable to do so due to medical issues. Can anyone walk him through
the process of patching and building a new package?

### plasma41

- Provided feedback on https://git.devuan.org/devuan/documentation/pulls/6
- Submitted for approval https://git.devuan.org/devuan/documentation/pulls/7
- (gl) That approach is incomplete IMO.

    Needs a complete rewrite of linkage and presentation of logos here:
    https://git.devuan.org/devuan/documentation/src/branch/master/art

    Proposed changes here:
    https://git.devuan.org/devuan/documentation/pulls/6

    I have completely forgotten any markdown skills that I once
possessed so hopefully someone else will kindly  "translate" into a
valid pull request.

## New Actions