:: Re: [DNG] Help with uBlock Origin u…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Olaf Meeuwissen
Aan: Steve Litt
CC: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Help with uBlock Origin under Firefox
Hi,

Steve Litt <slitt@???> writes:

> capercally.bleery670@??? said on Fri, 16 Jun 2023 20:45:02 -0700
>
>>Tor works fine (if you don't mind pages loading slowly), but it is
>>not a complete solution by itself. You also have to mask other facts
>>than your IP address. And unfortunately, already using Linux and
>>even Firefox already cuts the search space by someting like factor
>>of 10000 I think.
>
> How does the website deduce what OS you're using?

By looking at the User-Agent that the HTTP client may (or may not) send.
Here's what my Firefox sends

Most HTTP clients can be configured to send whatever you please.

# The can even set apt's User-Agent ;-)
# Check /usr/share/doc/apt/examples/configure-index for details.

I have used the "User Agent Switcher and Manager" add-on for Firefox in
the past to convince a site that I was using some old version of IE just
so I could login. Switching back to Firefox after login was no problem
:-o

Fortunately, that site has since been updated.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen