:: Re: [DNG] Help with uBlock Origin u…
Top Pagina
Auteur: capercally.bleery670
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Help with uBlock Origin under Firefox
On Thu, Jun 15, 2023 at 12:31:17PM -1000, Joel Roth via Dng wrote:

> I'd like to find the advanced setup for custom filtering
> rules, but can't seem to locate the blue power-button icon uBlock
> origin uses to trigger the advanced setup.

> uBlock Origin shows up (sans icon) with other plugins under the Tools and
> Add-ons menu item. There is no access to advanced setup.

> I've tried firefox under i3 (my default) and fvwm window
> managers. (Neither startxfce4 nor startx
> /usr/bin/startxfce4 would start X with Xfce. )

The following may be related, or not (OP is me):

https://www.reddit.com/r/uBlockOrigin/comments/145qfsd/how_to_drive_ublock_on_firefox_114/

I solved it by nuking the (Ubuntu) packaged firefox, and installing
a flatpak of firefox 114.

In the area of big and complex UI apps, sadly all distros are getting
worse and worse.

--
Ian