:: [devuan-dev] new Devuan wiki
Top Pagina
Auteur: Hendrik Boom
Aan: devuan developers internal list
Onderwerp: [devuan-dev] new Devuan wiki
# Plan for the new Devuan wiki Plan -- version 0

There was an old wiki. It is hopelessly obsolete and should not be used as a guide to usage of current versions of Devuan Linux. But I have looking through the contents of that old wiki as a source of ideas for the new wiki.

This message is to present a preliminary outline of what should initially be in the new wiki.
It is not an indication of how the pages on the wiki should be organised.

This will be a very dynamic document, and is intended to be deleted when the new Devuan wiki is fully alive and functioning.

The new wiki will be construted at https://wiki.devuan.org , with its main page at https://wiki.devuan.org/devuan .

(In this plaintext document, I'll be placing spaces after links before other punctuation to avoid confusion about whether the punctuation is part of the link)

So:
* What else do we need?
* What should not be on the wiki?

-- hendrik

# History

The old wiki contains primary archival documents about the early history of Devuan, huch as minutes of the developers' meetings. Thses would be valuable for historians investigating the history of Devian. Thses should be preserved. As historical documents, they ahould NOT change, and a frequently edited wiki is likely not the proper place.
* Are these kept elsewhere? If not, where should they be placed?
* It seems there's a lot more history to document.

* It should contain information, or links to information, about the useage of Devuan.

  * Getting started -- download, verification, preparing media, installation
    * Devuan mirrors
    * Raspberry pi and other unusual systems
    * Upgrading from Debian
    * https://devuan.org/os/documentation/dev1fanboy/
  * links to official Devuan communication and support channels
  * links to the Devuan websites
    * https://www.debian.org/support
    * https://www.debian.org/security/
    * https://www.devuan.org/os/community
  * quick overview:
    * https://devuan.org/os/
    * https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=633
    * Free softeare: https://www.devuan.org/os/free-software
    * https://www.debian.org/doc/#other
    * https://www.debian.org/doc/
    * https://www.debian.org
  * links to mailing lists
  * IRC
  * links to forums
    * dev1galaxy
  * Devuan derivatives
    * How to make your own Devuan-based distribution
    * links to various drivatives' websites
  * Where to donate to the Devuan project.
  * Devuan ports -- what architectures Devian supports.
  * Devuan support for natural languages
  * Links to Devuan source code and ints internal documentation.
    * this should identify *everything* that is manually maintained or cloned locally from other source code sites.
    * the source code for Devuan  websites.
    * The source code for amprolla
    * The source code for anything we've had to modify to remove systemd requirements
    * etc.
* Maintenance procedures, for our own developers, including
  * How to put together a release.
    * link to the International Astronomical Union Minor Planet Center's list of minor panet names https://minorplanetcenter.net//iau/lists/MPNames.html
  * How to adapt our logos for each release
  * How to make packages