:: [DNG] Request for assistance with m…
Top Pagina
Auteur: o1bigtenor
Aan: Devuan ML
Onderwerp: [DNG] Request for assistance with my graphics
Greetings

Running a Ryzen 7 5800X proc with a Radeon RX570X running 4 - 1920 x
1080 displays and 1 - 4k (3180x2160) running Linux devuanmain
6.1.0-9-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Debian 6.1.27-1 (2023-05-08)
x86_64 GNU/Linux (Daedalus). In case it matters I've also got lxdm as
a window manager and I've got a total of 46 virtual desktops (ja more
than a few but its a great way to separate different projects/ideas so
I use it - - - LOTS!). This last forced reboot I had up both LibreCAD
and FreeCAD (I think FreeCAD is a resource hog but its not up right
now so I can't do any looking!).

What happens is that I come back to my machine and (usually use on of
one the cursor movement keys) hit any key to reactivate the displays
and when things have gone south well EVERY desktop is piled up on the
one 'desktop'. I have panels on the bottom of the 4k monitor and 2 of
the long sides on 2 of the 1920x1080 monitors (see figure following
and the 2 are z and a) and these panels are now missing and there are
some scrambled display artifacts.

(configuration is like this
              yyybbbb
xxxxxxxxyyybbbb
xxxxxxxxyyy
xxxxxxxxzzzzaaaa
xxxxxxxxzzzzaaaa
with x being the 4k monitor and y,z,a and b being 1920x1080 monitors)

system is still running and I can ssh into it from another machine
which is what I do.
I use $ dmesg -T to check and nothing is listed a 'twitchy - - - at
least nothing recent and then
I do a reboot on my main box.
(The issue is that I need to manually insert the labels into 'Desktop
Switcher' and then start up the various programs and hopefully being
able to remember anything open like pdfs that I was working on or
from. (The constant video issues makes developing a strong disciple of
saving often very easy!!) What makes this a nuisance is that I'm not
liking spending 1/2 hr every 4 days resetting things. If I can get 3
or 4 weeks - - - I'll live with it - - but not every 4 days. This
last time I was running a 6.1.0-5 kernel as up till this time I had
gotten better life that way. Dunno if the hard use of HDMI with
FreeCAD is what triggered the short turn around but dunno. I have gone
through every file in the /var/log/ area and I cannot find anything to
give me clues as to what's being a pain.

Please - - - - is there someone who can help me find what the issue is
so hopefully I can at least file a bug report or maybe even fix it.

Please advise as to what and where to search - - - -

(Hopefully the only fix isn't use less resources!!!)

TIA