:: Re: [DNG] Request for information -…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Request for information - - re: networking
Didier Kryn said on Sun, 11 Jun 2023 11:22:06 +0200

>     My new water heater is allegedly smart and connected. Actually
> the
>lazy plumber installed it because it is lighter than the previous one.
>It cannot be adjusted to the max temperature if not connected, but I
>don't want it to reach the company's server periodically and have it
>hacked by the GPU. Anyway the server seems unreachable. It happened
>once that I had to power-cycle it for reboot -- I mean reboot the
>water heater!

When I hear of a **water heater** not operating correctly without an
Internet connection, and needing to "reboot" a water heater, I can't
help wondering if Lennart Poettering had his hand in the design.

I mean seriously, we've had bimetal thermocouples for at least 70
years, and we've been able to create heat with either natural gas or
electricity for a century, and for all those times stuff worked
perfectly.

SteveT

Steve Litt