:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2023-05-…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: B Stack
A: devuan developers internal list
Assumpte: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2023-05-24
# Devuan meet 2023-05-24 @20:30 UTC

Present: plasma41, bb|hcb, fsmithred, altoid

Regrets: hendrik, adam, golinux (Spectrum down for 6 hours)

## Old Business

### Daedalus Release

Debian Bookworm release is planned for 2023-06-10.

We need to be ready to follow with Daedalus as soon as practicable afterwards.

Who is going to take on:-

* [?] Request to mailing lists for ISO testers
* [plasma41] ISO testing
* [LeePen started] Release Notes (adam - will draft pr given olaf &
jaromil's comments, etc.)

    Contributions and review from others welcome to [wip/daedalus
branch](https://git.devuan.org/devuan/documentation/src/branch/wip/daedalus)

* [fsmithred] Live ISO Release Notes
* [Xenguy/xisop] Website
* [?] Torrents and magnet links

What else is outstanding or needs attention?

- (gl) See my comments below . . . feedback would be appreciated
- finalize name of Devuan 7 release
- submit names of contributirs to be added to the "Team" page and
possible presentation change that would highlight that we could use
more hands on deck ...

## Old Actions

## New Business

### golinux

- Some months ago there was premature discussion on DNG for the name
of the Devuan 7 release. That info is presented as a "easter egg" on
https://www.devuan.org/os/releases . We were leaning toward Freia . .
.

- The devuan.info domain is up for renewal. I am going to drop it as
after all these years it has not been used . . . unless you convince
me otherwise . . . I will renew devuan.dev .

- Will add Olaf Meeuwissen to the team page.
What about Adam Burns (vortex) for providing the rpi images?
Please add anyone you can think of that needs a shout-out . . .

- I would also like to propose updating the Team page by placing those
who have moved on into an "Alumni" category. And those still
participating into active (or undefined).

- HELLO, HELLO . . . is anybody there?

    - /me hears crickets

### fsmithred
- All the firmware installed in the daedalus live isos comes from
non-free-firmware. In the past, it came from the non-free repo and
that repo was removed from sources.list after the firmware was
installed in the iso. Should non-free-firmware repo be enabled or
disabled in the final isos? (The firmware will already be installed.)
- README_minimal-live.txt has a bit about freedome that's probably
relevant to this.
https://git.devuan.org/devuan/documentation/src/branch/wip/daedalus/release-docs/README_minimal-live.txt#L2

### LeePen

#### dak/amprolla

Added daedalus-security, daedalus-proposed-updates, daedalus-backports
and daedalus-updates suites (all empty ATM).

#### Freeze

I propose freezing automatic britney migrations ceres ⇒ daedalus next week.

#### Packaging

- experimental:-
    + elogind (a major update, please test thoroughly)
- ceres:-
    + openvpn, choose-mirror, rootskel-gtk, tasksel

### plasma41

- Testing the devuan_daedalus_5.0.preview-20230522_amd64_desktop.iso
  - I encountered an issue while trying to perform an offline
installation. The debian-installer program seems keen on finding a
network connection and is in a loop trying to detect a link on eth0
and wlan0 ad naseum. I'm going to try comparing against a bookworm
preview ISO to see if this is an upstream regression.
  - The installer prompted with:
    ```
    Some of your hardware needs non-free firmware files to operate.
The firmware can be
    loaded from removable media, such as a USB stick or floppy.

    The missing firmware files are: regulatory.db

    If you have such media available now, insert it, and continue.

    Load missing firmware from removable media?
    ```
    However, AFAICT regulatory.db isn't non-free, but comes from the
wireless-regdb package in main.

### bb|hcb

Sayonara OVH/SoYouStart - all old hosts are wiped and shut.

## New Actions