:: Re: [DNG] Connect Mac laptop to lin…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Antony Stone
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Connect Mac laptop to linux printer
On Thursday 13 April 2023 at 15:55:19, Haines Brown wrote:

> My basic problem seems to be that my linux/printer is on one network
> and the Mac laptop on another.

Do you mean "two networks which have no connectivity to each other" or do you
simply mean "two networks which are connected by one or more routers"?

For example, my home "network" consists of a firewall router connected to the
outside world, one client network with PCs and laptops on it, one telephone
network with SIP phones on it, and one server network with a printer, a file
server, and other things which are neither client machines nor telephones.

So, my client computers are on a different network from the printer, but they
can happily talk to each other through the firewall/router.

> I gather that an easy was have Linux serve a printer is to install
> tailscale.

I have no idea what that is - where did you "gather" this information from?

Antony.

--
Numerous psychological studies over the years have demonstrated that the
majority of people genuinely believe they are not like the majority of people.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.