:: Re: [DNG] Connect Mac laptop to lin…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: terryc
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Connect Mac laptop to linux printer
On Tue, 11 Apr 2023 09:38:19 -0400
Haines Brown <haines@???> wrote:

> The problem is that my linux box and the Mac laptop are on different
> networks; they have different access points. I infer that I can't use
> the linux as a print server but must start by adding the Mac to the
> Linux network.

Do your networks know about each other?

Do they have a common gateway/link or are there individual gateways to
the internet/unsafe-net?

A quick practical solution might to have the Printer on the network of
one system and use the USB cable on your Mac.

Other solutions depend on the degree of security/separation you need
between the two networks.

P.S. under Cups, making the device shareable means that your computer
acts as a print server.