:: Re: [DNG] Lightweight computing dis…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Marjorie Roome
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Lightweight computing discussion tonight, 4/5/2023
Hi Steve, all,

> >On 2023-04-05 18:18:12, Steve Litt wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Sorry for the late notice. Tonight at 7:00 Eastern Daylight time,
> >> 4/5/2023, GoLUG is having an online meeting where we'll discuss

What appears on your email header (in my mail client) seems a pretty
comprehensive way of describing a date and time i.e. UTC + offset +
(local time):

Date:    Wed, 5 Apr 2023 18:18:12 -0400 (05/04/23 23:18:12)

So your meeting would be at:

Date:    Wed, 5 Apr 2023 19:00:00 -0400 (05/04/23 23:19:00)

The original post stated 7:00, without even saying that was actually
7:00 pm (though it did say it was an evening meeting and short notice).

I really hate am/pm : especially as the convention is to screw up 12am
and 12 pm (surely counting up 12 pm should be 12 hours past prime
meridian or midnight). That's /so/ analogue.

And then of course 19:00 EST is a bit late for us right pondians: it's
00:00 BST here in the UK and even further past bedtime in Europe.

--
Marjorie