:: [DNG] mosquitto fails to start in C…
Página Inicial
Autor: crichmon
Para: dng
Assunto: [DNG] mosquitto fails to start in Chimaera (have one solution)
Hi,
So. I'm working on replacing an older ASCII box, and when I tried to
install mosquito in
a Chimaera VM, it failed to start. After a bunch of messing around,
concluded it was a
permissions issue between the init script (using sv5init) and the daemon
itself. I was
able to get it running, but had to manually create the pid directory and
comment out
the pid directive in the mosquito.conf. To test the robustness, I spun up
another VM
and tried again. It turns out I needed to make two edits to get the daemon
to restart
on reboot.

So, in /etc/mosquitto/mosquitto.conf, this line had to be commented out:
#pid_file /run/mosquitto/mosquitto.pid

and the init script had to be modified to create /run/mosquito (or the pid
path
modified to exclude the subdirectory). Added PIDDIR and the test/mkdir
parts.

PIDFILE=/run/mosquitto/mosquitto.pid
DAEMON=/usr/sbin/mosquitto
PIDDIR=/run/mosquitto

if [ ! -d $PIDDIR ]; then
mkdir $PIDDIR
fi

No idea how else to provide this feedback to the maintainers. I'm sure this
isn't unique to Chimaera,
but tied to the updated version of mosquitto. The original box (now
beowulf) is running:
mosquitto/oldstable,oldstable-security,now 1.5.7-1+deb10u1 amd64 [installed]
whereas the Chimaera VM is running:
mosquitto/stable,now 2.0.11-1 amd64 [installed]

FWIW, I tried the same thing in a new Daedalus VM with the same results
(same version).

thx, Chris