:: Re: [devuan-dev] Libseat support fo…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Mark Hindley
A: devuan developers internal list
Asunto: Re: [devuan-dev] Libseat support for xorg
Rob,

On Tue, Feb 21, 2023 at 05:58:39PM +0000, Rob Pearce wrote:
> On 02/02/2023 08:20, Mark Hindley wrote:
> > No, you can leave elogind installed. If seatd itself is present libseat1
> > tries/uses that first. Or you can override the backend to use with the
> > LIBSEAT_BACKEND environment variable.
>
> Digging up this old thread again because it occurs to me that "libseat
> support" may well have implications for whatever display manager is in use.
> As the maintainer of SLiM, this would obviously be of interest to me. Is
> there some documentation you can point me to?

It should make no difference. Using libseat or the systemd-logind code it
replaces is to enable normal users to startx without a suid wrapper or
dangerously enhanced permissions.

Typically display managers run X as root. In that case the libseat or
systemd-logind code is not used.

I am afraid there is little real documentation other than the source code[1][2].

HTH (a bit?).

Mark

[1] https://git.devuan.org/devuan/xorg-server/src/branch/suites/unstable/debian/patches/0001-Support-libseat.patch

[2] https://git.devuan.org/devuan/seatd/src/branch/suites/experimental/include/libseat.h