:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2023-02-…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: B Stack
À: devuan developers internal list
Sujet: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2023-02-16
# Devuan meet 2023-02-16 @20:30 UTC

Present: fsmithred, golinux, John Faulk, hendrik, plasma41
* (altoid): missed the meet again. My apologies.

## Old Business

### fsmithred
* cryptsetup-modified-functions is back by popular demand. Apparently
some edge cases still experience shutdown delays with encrypted lvm in
daedalus. The package is optional.

## Old Actions

## New Business

### John Faulk I have finally gotten the arm64 installer ISO builder
scripts working. They can be found here:
https://codeberg.org/MrReplikant/installer-iso-ARM
* (plasma41) I recently stumbled upon
https://github.com/dyne/rpi-img-builder which is in the same field of
endevour and would be worth a look. i am working with Ralph to debug
translations on the installer

### LeePen

#### ci.d.o Deployed updated package building pipeline:-
  * Can rebuild Debian sources without forking
    * (john) So what does the above entail? I'm curious.
    * (plasma41) Could this enable us to build Debian packages with
      specific build profiles? For example, if a Debian package had a
      <pkg._packagename_.nosystemd> build profile, could we build that
      package with that profile enabled? That would reduce the need to
      fork packages for any Debian package where the Debian maintainer
      accepts support for such a build profile in their package.
    * Yes we could indeed do that. There is a suggestion of a [nosystemd
      build profile in
      Debian](https://wiki.debian.org/BuildProfileSpec), but I am not
      aware of anybody having actually registered or using it. (john) if
      that is the case, that would be good The new [DebianDSC
      stage](https://git.devuan.org/devuan/package-pipeline/src/branch/deployment/Jenkinsfile#L112)
      which runs if the srcpackage is a url.
  * Supply version tracking information to BTS
  * Use dcmd(1) from devscripts so the pipeline can be more selective
    about the files uploaded to DAK and archived. This *should* mean an
    end to problems with changing SHAs on source tarballs.
    * (plasma41) Are you refering to the problem of the .orig.tar.gz
      files of Devuan's forked packages having different checksums than
      the .orig.tar.gz files of the associated Debian packages? If so,
      isn't this the result of using git-buildpackage with
      pristine-tar=false even on packages using pristine-tar=true in the
      Debian upstream packaging repository? I was really referring to
      our DAK refusing to accept a subsequent build with a different
      orig tarball. But it is all part of the same thing. Debian only
      uploads orig. tarballs when they are new. After that DAK reuses
      the one it has so there is no hash change. gzip is particularly
      problmatic here as it includes the compression date so compressing
      the same tar twice will always produce a different hash.
      Previously we have tried to produce binary identical tarballs and
      fudge teh upload to DAK. Using dcmd on the changes files gives the
      same upload list as Debian (i.e including the orig tarball only
      when necessary), so the issue should be completely gone.

#### Amprolla

#### BTS
* Finished setup of version tracking. Cron jobs running.
* Enabled [usertags](https://wiki.debian.org/bugs.debian.org/usertags).

#### Packaging

##### avahi Debian removed src:avahi initscripts. Source forked to
restore them.

##### xorg using libseat Migrated to daedalus.

##### unattended-upgrades Built unforked Debian source for Ceres to
generate binary with Devuan configuration. Added to Daedalus. Closes
[#78](https://bugs.devuan.org/78) again.

##### Other updates
* ceres: network-manager, packagekit, util-linux, choose-mirror

### bgstack15 New release of systemctl-service-shim to work on usrmerged
systems (fresh installs after 2022-12 timeframe)

## New Actions