:: [devuan-dev] bug#742: xserver-xorg-…
Página Principal
Autor: Nikolaus Klepp
Para: Mark Hindley
CC: 742
Assunto: [devuan-dev] bug#742: xserver-xorg-core: 21.1.7-1devuan1 pulls in libseat1 which kills xorg
Hi Mark,

Anno domini 2023 Tue, 14 Feb 11:00:40 +0000
Mark Hindley scripsit:
> Nikolaus,
>
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2023 at 11:45:16AM +0100, Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> > 21.1.6-1 does not need libseat1, 21.1.7-1 does. The errormessage from libseat1
> > gives the impression. If it's wrong ... ok, what to say?
>
> Certainly 21.1.7-1devuan1 has a patch to use libseat1. This is part of our drive
> to get away from systemd.
>
> From NEWS:
>
> xorg-server (2:21.1.5-1devuan1) unstable; urgency=medium
>
> This version includes a patch to use libseat for controlling rootless startx and
> access to input and video devices. libseat can use either seatd or (e)logind
> as a backend. If you need to override the default choice, use the
> LIBSEAT_BACKEND environment variable.
>

> > > dpkg -s libseat1 shows
> > >
> > > Depends: seatd | logind, libc6 (>= 2.33), libsystemd0 (>= 238)
> > >
> > > On Devuan logind is a virtual package provided by libpam-elogind
> > libpam-elogind is installed, but not libsystemd0. Installing libsystemd0
> > removes libpam-elogind and installs dummy-logind. Both variants dont
> > work. libsystemd0 was not pulled in during upgrade.
>
> Please reinstall libpam-elogind. That should pull in libelogind-compat which
> provides libsystemd0. It will also replace dummy-logind which you definitely
> don't want (read its description).
>
> I think libelogind-compat is the cruicial package here you were missing.

I already did this before. Anyway, xserver-xorg-core 21.1.7-1 does not work.

# dpkg -l|grep elogind
ii  elogind                                                     246.10-5                               amd64        user, seat and session management daemon
ii  libelogind-compat:amd64                                     246.10-5                               amd64        user, seat and session management library compatibility
ii  libelogind0:amd64                                           246.10-5                               amd64        user, seat and session management library
ii  libpam-elogind:amd64                                        246.10-5                               amd64        elogind PAM module
ii  libpolkit-gobject-elogind-1-0:amd64                         122-3devuan1                           amd64        polkit Authorization API
#

Nik