:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2023-02-…
Top Pagina
Auteur: B Stack
Aan: devuan developers internal list
Onderwerp: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2023-02-02
# Devuan meet 2023-02-02 @20:30 UTC

Present: John Faulk, golinux, fsmithred, Hendrik Bloom, Altoid

## Old Business

## Old Actions

## New Business John Faulk: Folks, we are in deep trouble.
  https://mullvad.net/en/blog/2023/2/1/eu-chat-control-law-will-ban-open-source-operating-systems/
  If this really does have the implications that I believe it does, this
  is going to massively screw over not only Devuan, but the Linux
  community at large. This is the madness I have sadly been preparing
  for. I have feared for some time that something like this was coming.
  This is why I have a local mirror of my own. This is about to get
  ugly. Time for me to make a full mirror, source included, instead of
  just binaries. List of Mirrors Affected by this law: sledjhamr.org
  mirror.koddos.net mirror.vpgrp.io ftp.fau.de mirror.ungleich.ch
  dist-mirror.fem.tu-ilmenau.de devuan.packet-gain.de
  mirror.checkdomain.de mirrors.dotsrc.org devuan.bio.lmu.de
  mirror.stinpriza.org quantum-mirror.hu repo.ifca.es devuan.keff.org
  devuan.krypto-it.pl devuan.sedf.de
**pkgmaster.devuan.org**
***HALF OF OUR SERVERS WILL BE AFFECTED BY THIS***
  *(golinux) Everyone in EU already MUST have a cell phone plugged into
    surveillance central so this is no surprise. Resist by not using
    those services/devices. Soon they will be chipping all of us but
    chances are I'll be dead by then . . .
  *(bb|hcb) I don't think the above crap is actionable. FWIW I don't see
    my mirror in the list and it is in EU i have sent out warnings
    regardless. -John
    https://archive.org/details/EbenMoglen-WhyFreedomOfThoughtRequiresFreeMediaAndWhyFreeMedia

### LeePen

#### BTS Started to enable version tracking. Import of previous versions
complete. Updates for Jenkins pipeline in testing. Still slowly
working through old bug reports. Help required/welcome. (John Faulk)
LeePen, how can we help? Can you elaborate a little on that, so we
know what resources you need? The reports that are still open need to
be dealt with: Are they still valid? Are they fixed? When? In what
version? Are they Debian bugs? Find the Debian number and tag
accordingly. Virtually all bugs in unforked packages are reproducible
on Debian and are Debian bugs, I can't remember the last time I saw
one that wasn't. I suspect most Jessie and ASCII bugs have been
resolved. But they need closing with the correct version etc. I am
happy to provide guidance.

#### Packaging
* ceres: network-manager, pdns-recursor (skipped failing ppc64el
autopkgtest), policykit-1, plymouth

### fsmithred
* devuan-sdk/live-sdk/lib/libdevuansdk now is pointing to libdevuansdk
on git.devuan.org instead of github.com

### golinux Latest iteration of deathmetal . . . getting a little more
"matrix" in it:
https://transfer.sh/XJxj9r/your-way_deathmetal_wide-large-M2.png

## New Actions

### hendrik
* 'Debian bookworm' has split its 'non-free' section into 'non-free' and
'non-free-firmware'. Does this affect us?