Til: Echedey López Romero, 741
Emne: [devuan-dev] bug#741: xfe: Not working as defautl file manager
Control: tags -1 moreinfo

Echedey,

Thanks for this.

On Sat, Feb 04, 2023 at 07:12:22PM +0000, Echedey López Romero wrote:
> Package: xfe
> Version: 1.43.2-3
> Severity: normal

In xfe is not a forked package in Devuan and we use Debian's packages directly
without recompilation. So, in principle, bugs about xfe should be reported to
Debian's BTS to be addressed.

However, you need more detail here before you submit this to Debian. What are
you trying to do or expecting to happen?

> I am currently using XFE as default and sole file manager on my OS.
>
> However, it seems that no application recognizes it as file manager, not even
> Firefox and instead another application able to manage folders is picked.
>
> I guess that the application is not tied to open the mimetype specific for
> folders or similar.

That maybe. Have you tried to configure the inode/directory mimetype to open in
xfe? You can probably do that in ~/.mailcap.

Mark