:: Re: [DNG] running with separate / a…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: karl
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] running with separate / and /usr
Svante Signell:
> On Sun, 2023-01-15 at 21:18 +0200, Boian Bonev via Dng wrote:

> > > b, recruit enought maintainers to maintain the packages within
> > > devuan
> >
> > As a conclusion we'd better get prepared to accept the usrmerge, like
> > it or not...
>
> I strongly disagree with that opinion, anybody else?

Ok, then. The way I see we can solve this is:

. in initramfs, is that possible ?

. without initramfs, make init-static and mount-static packages
or use busybox

///

Regarding init, people usually don't use runlevels, so we could just as
well use busybox init or any similar simple init, sys-v init is just
overkill.

After boot and init has started, theese programs are run in this order
on one of my boxes:

/sbin/sulogin
/bin/mount
/sbin/fsck
/bin/hostname
/sbin/hwclock

/bin/mount -a # at this point is /usr mounted

So, what is needed is that the programs before mount -a doesn't depent
on /usr. hostname and hwclock could be delayed to after mount -a, but
we need a nice mount and fsck. e2fsck-static is available and could
replace regular /sbin/e2fsck, so what's needed is an init and a mount
that doesn't depend on /usr.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar