:: [devuan-dev] bug#342: marked as don…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Devuan bug Tracking System
To: Mark Hindley
Oggetto: [devuan-dev] bug#342: marked as done (rkhunter default config false warning re: systemd)
Your message dated Wed, 11 Jan 2023 12:36:07 +0000
with message-id <Y76tN0dN4UCzoR9t@???>
and subject line Re: bug#342: [devuan-dev] bug#342: rkhunter default config false warning re: systemd
has caused the Devuan bug report #342,
regarding rkhunter default config false warning re: systemd
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact owner@???
immediately.)

--
342: https://bugs.devuan.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=342
Devuan Bug Tracking System

The rkhunter package's default /etc/rkhunter.conf configuration generates a warning when it cannot find systemd, so could you please add the following to the default /etc/rkhunter.conf file:

RTKT_FILE_WHITELIST=/var/run/udev.pid

After adding that line the warning is eliminated, but there is a second config entry that does not pass the 'rkhunter -C' configuration file self-check:

DISABLE_UNHIDE=1

When I commented that line the warning went away. I have not debugged that warning so I don't know what it is about.

Thanks!On Mon, Feb 03, 2020 at 01:04:46PM +0100, Svante Signell wrote:
> On Mon, 2020-02-03 at 11:22 +0000, Mark Hindley wrote:
> > Control: tags -1 debian
> >
> > Jon,
> >
> > Sorry for the slow reply.
> >
> > rkhunter is not a forked package and we use the Debian pacakge
> > directly.
> > Therefore we have no way of fixing this in Devuan.
> >
> > I suggest you look at similar bugs on Debian's BTS (#926936 looks
> > promising) and add your voice there.
> >

> This problem is already solved with eudev 3.2.9-1, by renaming
> /run/udev.pid to /run/udevd.pid.

Closing as fixed. Thanks

Mark