:: [devuan-dev] bug#272: marked as don…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Devuan bug Tracking System
A: Mark Hindley
Assumpte: [devuan-dev] bug#272: marked as done (xfdesktop4 package does not allow me to change desktop background)
Your message dated Tue, 10 Jan 2023 18:18:18 +0000
with message-id <Y72r6lbg0du9oCVm@???>
and subject line Re: bug#272: xfdesktop4 package does not allow me to change desktop background
has caused the Devuan bug report #272,
regarding xfdesktop4 package does not allow me to change desktop background
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact owner@???
immediately.)

--
272: https://bugs.devuan.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=272
Devuan Bug Tracking System

Version: 4.12.3-3

I have a recently devuan 2.0 ASCII installation on a two monitors computer and I can't change the backgrounds. By default, after installation I have on main screen the default wallpaper of Devuan from /usr/share/images/desktop-base and in secondary screen a image from /usr/share/backgrounds/xfce.

When I open the dialog that allows me to choose an image from a different directory, I can't choose a different directory from the original (they are grayed out) one so I only can choose a background from /usr/share/images/desktop-base for primary monitor or images from /usr/share/backgrounds/xfce for the secondary one.

If I try to set the wallpaper directly from the image (with Ristretto for example) it only affects to the primary monitor but I can't find a method for choose a different background for the secondary monitor except choose between the two on /usr/share/backgrounds/xfce

apt policy xfdesktop4
xfdesktop4:
Instalado: 4.12.3-3
Candidato: 4.12.3-3
Táboa de versións:
*** 4.12.3-3 500

500 http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged ascii/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

uname -a
Linux jose-pc 4.9.0-8-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.130-2 (2018-10-27) x86_64 GNU/Linux

lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:    Devuan
Release:    2.0
Codename:    ascii

xrandr
Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 3286 x 1080, maximum 8192 x 8192
VGA-1 connected 1366x768+1920+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 410mm x 230mm
   1366x768      59.79*+
   1280x720      60.00
   1024x768      75.03    60.00
   832x624       74.55
   800x600       75.00    60.32    56.25
   640x480       75.00    59.94
   720x400       70.08
HDMI-1 connected primary 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 480mm x 270mm
   1920x1080     60.00*+
   1680x1050     59.88
   1400x1050     59.95
   1600x900      60.00
   1280x1024     75.02    60.02
   1440x900      59.90
   1280x800      59.91
   1152x864      75.00
   1280x720      60.00
   1024x768      75.03    60.00
   800x600       75.00    60.32
   640x480       75.00    59.94
   720x400       70.08
DP-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
HDMI-2 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
HDMI-3 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP-2 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP-3 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)

If further information about my system is needed I provide it

Goodbye

--
Sent with https://mailfence.com
Secure and private email
On Wed, Dec 26, 2018 at 09:25:34PM +0100, José Marinho wrote:
> On a system recently upgraded to Beowulf seems that the issue is not present. I can change the directory of the backgrounds and change the background on the two monitors.

Closing as fixed

mark