:: Re: [devuan-dev] Name Proposal for …
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Rob Pearce
À: devuan-dev
Sujet: Re: [devuan-dev] Name Proposal for Devuan VII
On 06/01/2023 05:22, onefang wrote:
> can we please NOT
> use a name that is hard to figure out how to spell it by ordinary English
> users?

<grumpy old man> With the state of most English speakers today, that
rules out everything </grumpy old man>

(Actually it's not an ageist comment. I participate on some forums where
nearly all the members are past retirement and native English by birth,
have lived here all their lives, and can't spell for toffee.)

I was going to say that I rather favour Freia, for the mythic quality
that fits well with Beowulf, Chimaera, and Daedalus.

Fibonacci feels out of sequence with them

Fourier threatens to transform things too much

Faraday might feel like a cage, and none of us want that

I'll get me coat...

--
Maintainer of the <href="https://sourceforge.net/projects/slim-fork/">SLiM Login Manager fork</a>