:: Re: [devuan-dev] [ANNOUNCE] Devuan …
Top Pagina
Auteur: Adam Burns
Aan: devuan developers internal list, Olaf Meeuwissen
CC: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [devuan-dev] [ANNOUNCE] Devuan container images published on the Docker Hub
Hello Olaf,

Thank you for the lovely Christmas present :)

As a learning experiment based off your work, I've cloned your repo &
configured an RPi arm64 gitlab-runner (on a dedicated arm64 RPi3 running
Devuan Pi chimaera from the nightly images maintained at
arm-files.devuan.org).

Thanks to  comprehensive issue notes in Olaf's devuan gitea repo, I was
able to setup my own fork of the repo and learn enough about GitLab CI
to generate registration and pipeline tokens for a specific arm64
gitlab-runner instance.

With 3 minor change commits for docker login, building the images &
pulling from the gitlab container registry to a fresh Devuan Pi now
appear to work.

To pull these test arm64 docker containers and try them out:

docker pull registry.gitlab.com/adampeterburns/container-images/devuan:ascii
docker pull
registry.gitlab.com/adampeterburns/container-images/devuan:beowulf
docker pull
registry.gitlab.com/adampeterburns/container-images/devuan:chimaera
docker pull
registry.gitlab.com/adampeterburns/container-images/devuan:daedalus

etc.

Before I post/respond to a gitea issue and/or try to rinse and repeat
for armel & armhf architectures, I thought I'd reach out for
thoughts/advice on how to proceed with extending the container offerings
to all 3 arm architectures.

some thoughts:

- not sure if docker buildx or docker manifest methods might be a better
next step approach longer term?

- like paddyhack is currently for amd64, I'm happy to continue to offer
arm* RPi gitlab-runner specific builders as a transitory step until
devuan resources can be used (perhaps devuan resourcing can be discussed
at next dev meeting).

- longer term: for trust, stability, independence, etc. maybe all CI/CD
components can eventually use internal devuan gitea repo and CI/CD
facilities.

Olaf, once more thank you for your work/christmas gift in getting devuan
docker containers up and available.

Happy New Year to all.

Adam.