:: Re: [devuan-dev] Status of the SLiM…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Boian Bonev
A: devuan developers internal list
Assumptes nous: [devuan-dev] Slightly obscure packaging best practice question (was Re: Status of the SLiM login manager project)
Assumpte: Re: [devuan-dev] Status of the SLiM login manager project
Hi Rob,

On Mon, 2022-12-26 at 17:33 +0000, Rob Pearce wrote:
> On 23/12/2022 16:15, Boian Bonev wrote:
> > Then ping here for a review of the changes.
>
> OK, I've pushed up to the master following the instructions you gave,
> so it's ready for a review.

As I got involved in the process earlier, I have already shared what I
saw and I think it is good to go.

Got some comments from Mark on IRC:

- d/p/support-consolekit-runtime-detection.patch - is that good to go
upstream? there is nothing packaging specific in it
- PAM vs consolekit is best detected runtime instead of compile time
- there is a sprintf in Ck.cpp - although it is safe, it is better to
convert to snprintf, to silence automated checkers and also protect
from problems in the future (in case something changes and makes it
unsafe - such a thing is easy to go unnoticed)

Please trigger a build.

> (I have become aware of a couple of bugs but the only new one doesn't
> affect Devuan so I'll fix them upstream for V1.4.0)

When that gets released, you can do another build - I see no point in
delaying the current one, waiting for next release.

What about proposing these changes in Debian's slim package? Did you
talk to the maintainer of slim? It is a big change to switch to a fork
but on the other hand having an unmaintained upstream is an even bigger
problem...

With best regards,
b.