:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2022-12-…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: B Stack
A: devuan developers internal list
Assumpte: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2022-12-22
# Devuan meet 2022-12-22 @20:30 UTC

Present: Altoid, John Faulk, hagbard, golinux, Hendrik, rrq, plasma41, fsmithred

## Old Business

## Old Actions

## New Business

### golinux
* I poked at the excalibur theme a bit more. "deathmetal" seemed to be
the winning name. The hint of green gives it a rather putrid, "pussy"
look that is a bit uncomfortable. Needs refinement but this is the
ballpark that I think gets the message across . . . John Faulk
commented: "Oooh, I like it! The dark tones DEFINITELY play into the
name!" So looks like this will be the jumping off place. Note that I
am only doing a default desktop background.
https://transfer.sh/mAqkfH/deathmetal.png
* Should probably go darker and a bit more saturated . . .
https://transfer.sh/EuJ92B/deathmetal-darker.png

### John Faulk
Hello Everyone, my name is John Faulk, and I've been
working on various projects in the hopes to aid Devuan in it's
endeavor for a little while now. I'm hoping to discuss the future of
Devuan on ARM, especially as it relates to the prototype isos I've
been building, and the possible adoption of a Devuan fork of Debian's
calamares installer for live images.

### LeePen

#### Packaging

##### xorg using libseat
rrq and I have been working on adding libseat
support to xorg-server for controlling rootless startx and access to
input and video resources. libseat can use either seatd or (e)logind
as a backend so this might begin to free us from elogind. The first
xorg-xserver-core packages are available in suites/experimental for
testing. They work for us, but we would be grateful for wider testing.

##### Other updates
* ceres: xfce4-session, sysvinit, base-files, procps, network-manager
* chimaera-backports: network-manager

#### Amprolla
* Support for [out of date source notifications to
irc](https://git.devuan.org/devuan/amprolla3/commits/branch/irc-notifications)
deployed and reporting on
[#devuan-ci](irc://irc.libera.chat/#devuan-ci).

### altoid
Hello, my name is altoid. I have been a frequent poster in
Dev1 for the last 5 years or so and came here invited by golinux. One
of the things I would like to propose be treated/debated here, with
the urgency it deserves, is what to do about/how to deal with an
application called zeitgeist, available in the Devuan repositories as
well as many other distribution's repositories. Were it not for the
sharp eye of the OP, we at Devuan would not be aware of the amount of
damage it can do. Please see the thread:
https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=5406 See you tomorrow.

## New Actions
Research zeitgeist and discuss possible solutions