:: Re: [DNG] issue with procps, any hi…
Top Pagina
Auteur: aitor
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] issue with procps, any hints?
Hi again Hendrik,

> On 21/12/22 23:20, aitor wrote:
>>
>> Hi Hendrik,
>>
>> On 21/12/22 23:07, Hendrik Boom wrote:
>>> I thought a GPT disk could have far more than 16 partitions.
>>> What happens past 16?
>> Subpartitions. They would appear as sda1p1, sda1p2,...
>> I'm not 100% sure, but i think that currently sd drivers in linux support 15 slots.
> Ooops, you are talking about GPT disks...

I'm not familiar with GPT disks. In the past there were 63 slots with the IDE driver.
Devices were known as hda1, hda2..., hda63. Nowadays GPT disks seem to support 125
partitions. Anyway, they would appear with a different major number for sure. But this
is a guess.

Mmmm..., interesting question.

Aitor.