:: Re: [DNG] loss of keyboard input
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Arnt Karlsen
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] loss of keyboard input
On Thu, 15 Dec 2022 18:44:43 +1100, wirelessduck--- wrote in message
<773ED2D5-E5FE-406F-B80F-8F1D620AB2A1@???>:

> > On 15 Dec 2022, at 03:44, Haines Brown <haines@???> wrote:
> >
> > Sorry not to have been clearer. I'm usuing PS2 keyboards (IBM M5
> > keyboards is all I have). My new box lacks a PS2 port and so I had
> > to get av PS2-USB adapter. It worked. It has been woking for for
> > about half a year.
> >
> > However, this morhing I found I lacked keyboard input. When I
> > pulled the keyboard and apdapter the adapter fell apart. I tried
> > another PS2-USB adapter, but a different brand from the one that
> > fell apart, and it did't work.
> >
> > Someone suggested a possible adappter-keyboard incompatibility, and
> > so I tried the same brand adaptaer as my original one. This works,
> > but only in a USB port other than the one I was orignally using. So
> > I'm back in business, but perhaps with a non-functioning USB port.
>
> I seem to recall that PS/2 is not hot-pluggable unlike USB. Does this
> still apply to the USB-PS/2 adapters?

..define "hot-pluggable" in the context of PS/2 mice 'n keyboards.

..I've yanked and moved them PS/2 things between boxes and _never_
seen them fail, possibly because the driver (or kernel?) was (or
is?) dumb enough to never see me plug them in or yank them out.
Never even thought of it as an issue, until just now. 8o)

Scenarios always come in sets of three: