:: Re: [DNG] loss of keyboard input
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Arnt Karlsen
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] loss of keyboard input
On Wed, 14 Dec 2022 16:55:18 +0200, Lars wrote in message
<4c9973fd-7229-812b-78fa-0585598ad61b@???>:

> On 14.12.2022 13.22, Haines Brown wrote:
> > In the course of the night I lost keyboard input. Numlock and Caps
> > Lockkey LEDs do not turn on. Mouse is OK. I went to replug my PS2
> > keyboard and the PS2-USB adpater separated.
> >
> > A replacement keyboard and adapter in different USB port do not
> > work.
>
> I get a similar problem from time to time but only after resuming
> from sleep, maybe 1 out of 20 times. That's on both plain Devuan and
> with PeppermintOS Devuan edition, over many kernel updates. Plugging
> in a spare keyboard always does the trick for me, though.
>
> Another possibility would be to use the mouse to activate 'suspend'
> from a menu and then see if the keyboard is available once again
> after resuming. That has also worked for me but not knowing the
> cause of your outage it is only a wild guess.

..whenever I lose the keyboard, the mouse stick and the trackpad
works, but not the mouse buttons. Ssh may and may not work.

..if ssh works, I'm able to sync and kill stuff to reboot without
data loss, otherwise it's the big dirty power kill mess.

> /Lars

Scenarios always come in sets of three: