:: Re: [devuan-dev] [DNG] Libseat supp…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ralph Ronnquist
A: dng, devuan-dev
Asunto: Re: [devuan-dev] [DNG] Libseat support for xorg
Let me add some slight correction and some notes:

The package to install is named xserver-xorg-core and it also updates
xserver-common (which contains the Xserver man page and some other
doc)

To run in vtN, the user must have "rw" access to /dev/ttyN. For
example with a traditional sysvinit setup, the log in on vtN makes the
user owner of /dev/ttyN and they get "rw" access by that.

In addition, the user must be in group "video", or more specifically,
they need "rw" access to /dev/dri/card0 and /dev/vga_arbiter (which
might need to be set up with "rw" for group video as well).

The "seatd" backend needs "seatd" installed as well as that the user
has "rw" access to the seatd socket /run/seatd.sock (as Mark noted
below).

The "logind" backend needs "libpam-elogind", "elogind" and
"policykit-1" (or similar setup) for working out applicable
permissions.

Only one of the backends is needed. It is the facility that provides
transient access to the input devices.

Ralph.