著者: onefang
To: dng
新しいトピック: [DNG] WORKAROUND and FURTHER CLUES Re: Temporary failure resolving 'deb'devuan.org'
題目: Re: [DNG] Temporary failure resolving 'deb'devuan.org'
On 2022-12-08 07:42:04, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> Aptitude gives me this message when I try to update my package list:
>
>     Temporary failure resolving 'deb.devuan,org'

> Now I know that deb.devuan.org is a stand-in for many mirrors.
>
> But if I've been directed to a dud mirror, shouldn't dns resolution
> still work but leave me waiting for the chosen mirror to respond?
>
> Repeating the operation just repeats the message.
>
> (1) So is something wrong with the dns resolution for deb.devuan.org?
> Doing dig deb.devuan.org gives me a nice list of mirrors.
>
> (2) Or is aptitude giving me a misleading message?

Sounds a bit odd, but yeah sounds like something odd with DNS at your end.

> In any case, repeating the operation just repeats the message, so it's presumably not giving me a new mirror. Or maybe my dns resolver has cached the broken one.
>
> Is there some way to ask for a change of mirror? Or clear that cache?

https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/mirror_list.txt gives you a list of mirrors
you can choose from manually. Then update /etc/sources.list with your
chosen mirror.

> Panopticon lists a few failed mirrors and many working ones. Presumably as usual.

You need to check which column the errors are under. Most of the time
it's the same mirrors failing the URL sanity check. Coz they have not
been convinced to fix something I have no idea how you manage to break.

Also check the DNS round robin column, those with a green tick there are
part of deb.devuan.org, and you'll notice none of those have errors most
of the time. Those that do get errors probably still have the green tick
coz it's a temporary error, or I haven't noticed and it's still amanual
process. We have plans to automate things, but life is getting in the
way for me all the time. lol

Hover over the column headings for a short explanation of each test.