:: [devuan-dev] bug#727: ntp* missing …
Top Pagina
Auteur: Mark Hindley
Aan: Valentin, 727
Onderwerp: [devuan-dev] bug#727: ntp* missing from desktop tasks
Valentin,

Thanks for this

On Mon, Dec 05, 2022 at 05:30:28PM +0100, Valentin wrote:
> Source: tasksel
> Version: 3.68+devuan4u1
>
> Dear maintainers,
>
> I noticed that my kde desktop environment, installed from the devuan installer
> via tasksel, had the option to "Set date and time automatically" was greyed
> out.
>
> This is most likely due to the fact that on default debian desktop
> installations the ability to set time via ntp is provided by systemd. therefor
> it also affects some (or all) other desktop environments.
>
> In order to have a fully functional desktop environment without systemd either
> task-desktop, task-kde-desktop or desktop-base should contain an ntp client.

This seems reasonable. Maybe adding

Recommends: time-daemon | ntpsec-ntpdate

to desktop-base is the best option. ntpd doesn't exist in ceres/daedalus and
ntpdate is only transitional.

Or maybe this should be kde-* only as I am not sure other desktops have a menu
item to set the time.

What do you think?

Mark