:: Re: [devuan-dev] Status of the SLiM…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: David Paul
À: Rob Pearce
CC: devuan developers internal list
Sujet: Re: [devuan-dev] Status of the SLiM login manager project
Rob,

This is excellent. Thank you for taking over maintenance and development
of slim.

On the topic of Devuan using your new versions of slim, Devuan tends to
try to minimize the delta of Devuan packages relative to their Debian
counterparts, so ideally the Debian slim package would switch to your
version as upstream first. To that end, I have filed a wishlist
bugreport in Debian's bugtracker requesting that change. See
<https://bugs.debian.org/1024672>.

When I read that you had incorporated various Gentoo patches into your
new versions of slim, I got [nerd sniped](https://xkcd.com/356/) into
exploring what patches other distros where applying to their slim
packages. Here's what I found. Feel free to evaluate these patches for
inclusion.