:: Re: [DNG] Upgrading a very old Debi…
Top Pagina
Auteur: fsmithred
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Upgrading a very old Debian system
On 10/16/22 20:44, onefang wrote:
> On 2022-10-17 01:21:51, Antony Stone wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I've been given the task of upgrading a very old Debian system - currently
>> running 7.11 Wheezy - and it's going to get upgraded to Devuan.
>>
>> I've always upgraded De{bi,vu}an systems from one release to the next without
>> skipping, so I plan to go Wheezy --> Devuan Jessie --> Ascii --> Beowulf -->
>> Chimaera.
>
> Devuan Jessie has been archived, but likely so has Debian Jessie. Wheezy
> --> Debian Jessie --> Devuan Ascii --> Beowulf may work better, or not.
>
> Make backups first.
>
>> My question is "are the repositories documented at
>> https://www.devuan.org/os/announce/stable-jessie-announce-052517 still valid
>> for performing an online upgrade?"
>>
>> ie: should I change sources.list to contain
>>
>> deb http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged jessie          main
>> deb http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged jessie-updates  main
>> deb http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged jessie-security main

>> or have things moved on since that documentation was written, and I should be
>> pointing the machine elsewhere now?
>
> Use http://deb.devuan.org/merged
>
>> Those URLs look very different from what I'm familiar with on Beowulf and
>> Chimaera systems.

I've done a couple wheezy to devuan jessie upgrades recently and they went
well. First was a test VM and I used
deb http://archive.devuan.org/merged jessie main

There's no more -updates or -security for jessie.

When it came to upgrading the real server, I forgot to use
archive.devuan.org and used deb.devuan.org instead. It worked just like
the test case. This was a couple weeks ago.

auto.mirror.devuan.org is deprecated and may even have been retired. Don't
use it.

Good luck.
fsmithred