著者: Antony Stone
To: dng
題目: [DNG] Upgrading a very old Debian system
Hi.

I've been given the task of upgrading a very old Debian system - currently
running 7.11 Wheezy - and it's going to get upgraded to Devuan.

I've always upgraded De{bi,vu}an systems from one release to the next without
skipping, so I plan to go Wheezy --> Devuan Jessie --> Ascii --> Beowulf -->
Chimaera.

My question is "are the repositories documented at
https://www.devuan.org/os/announce/stable-jessie-announce-052517 still valid
for performing an online upgrade?"

ie: should I change sources.list to contain

deb http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged jessie          main
deb http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged jessie-updates  main
deb http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged jessie-security main

or have things moved on since that documentation was written, and I should be
pointing the machine elsewhere now?

Those URLs look very different from what I'm familiar with on Beowulf and
Chimaera systems.

Thanks,

Antony.

--
Tinned food was developed for the British Navy in 1813.

The tin opener was not invented until 1858.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.