:: [DNG] Some attempts with kfreebsd-1…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: aitor
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: [DNG] Some attempts with kfreebsd-13.1
Hi,

Recently I cross-compiled kfreebsd-13.1 under devuan chimaera amd64. The prefix 'k' (used in debian) stands 'kernel' because
freebsd consists of two benchmarks that are built separately using the comands `make buildworld` and `make buildkernel`,
where 'World' concerns to the userland part, i.e. everything but the kernel.

Only for testing purposes, I installed the resulting 'kernel-image-13.1-0-amd64_kfreebsd-amd64.deb' in a debian wheezy
kfreebsd-amd64 system. During the reboot, I've got some errors related to failures when running freebsd specific stuff,
for sure due to the obsolete code of packages like freebsd-utils and so on, compared to the sources of freebsd-13.1.

The X session with openbox started successfully after all, and the keyboard worked. But the mouse didn't respond.

Cheers,

Aitor.