:: Re: [DNG] Future of my "paddy-hack"…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Boian Bonev
A: Ralph Ronnquist, dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Future of my "paddy-hack" Devuan Docker images
Hi,

On Mon, 2022-10-10 at 12:36 +1100, Ralph Ronnquist wrote:
> Hi Olaf,
>
> I would guess you are aware of git.devuan.org and have your reason(s)
> for having opted for other choices, but if not, "git.devuan.org" is
> (also) an alternative as a publicly available software repository.

That would be perfect for the scripts and files used to build the
images.

> Though I'm not sure it (a git store web gui) is a good place for
> publishing releases of anything given it's page rendering
> limitations, and perhaps you would want something different for that.

I do not understand the process of building Docker images at all. But
it would be best for the downloadable product to be mirrored - it
shouldn't be a problem to run the image build process on the Devuan's
infra, but distributing them is best done via the mirror network. To
explain the reasons - bandwidth on the infra is limited. It is enough
for timely distribution to the mirrors, but not for direct user
downloads, especially in case the user base grows.

From Olaf's post, I get that the biggest problem is the space
requirement. Olaf, is there something else, that I miss? Is there
something special about hosting a Docker repo?

With best regards,
b.