:: Re: [DNG] Future of my "paddy-hack"…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: dng@d404.nl
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Future of my "paddy-hack" Devuan Docker images
On 09-10-2022 09:02, Olaf Meeuwissen via Dng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some five years ago I started a little project on GitLab.com to build
> Devuan Docker images. Images were built and pushed to the project's
> registry by CI/CD on a monthly schedule. Until 2021-07-03, that is,
> when a change to GitLab's shared runners broke the build.
>
> The project is at https://gitlab.com/paddy-hack/devuan.
>
> There were regular images for all of jessie, ascii, beowulf, chimaera
> and ceres as well as slim, builder and helper variants. Together they
> gobbled up some 30GiB in disk space in my personal project space.
>
> Now GitLab.com is making changes to their Free Tier offering, which is
> what I'm using, and one of those is a 5GiB storage limit on personal
> (and other top-level) namespaces. This change will come into effect on
> or after 2022-10-19. Nothing will be removed but one will not be able
> to write any new data past that cap. That is, as soon as the limit is
> enforced I can no longer use my personal GitLab.com namespace.
>
> That sucks!
>
> I could purchase additional 10GiB storage chunks at USD60/year but if I
> had that kind of money to burn, I think donating it to Devuan would be a
> much better investment. I could also apply for an Open Source Program
> (and re-apply every year) to try and get an Ultimate license which comes
> with 250GB of storage (and 500GB transfer/month). However, I think it
> might be a better idea to move the images to the Devuan project and its
> infrastructure.
>
> That is, if they are still wanted/needed in the first place. If so, I
> am willing to help with any migration and volunteer for their continued
> maintenance. I guess adding daedalus and excalibur would be one of the
> first things to do after migrating. A policy regarding the keeping of
> historic builds might also need some discussion.
>
> # Or maybe Devuan could be added to the Docker Official Images...
>
> Anyway, I need to do something about my GitLab.com storage consumption
> (and not only for the devuan images!) soonish so I've moved all the
> images that were on GitLab.com to a localhost registry just in case.
> Only a few of these images are still available via GitLab.com, for the
> time being, and mostly not to break the daily dyne/devuan builds ;-)
>
> Hope this helps,
> --
> Olaf Meeuwissen

I really would like Devuan to join Docker Hub for supplying verified
Devuan images and it is free for open source projects
https://www.docker.com/community/open-source/application/

But besides that I can make a Gitea instance with 50 or 100 Gb available
on a small OVH server in France. CI/CD can be done with Drone CI in
Gitea but I do not have any personal experience with it. A Gitlab
instance is too bulky for this kind of server (I tried).

Grtz

Nick