:: Re: [DNG] Digital books? Re: PACKA…
Página Inicial
Autor: Hendrik Boom
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Digital books? Re: PACKAGE winedbg
On Wed, Oct 05, 2022 at 10:05:39PM +1100, terryc wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Oct 2022 20:11:48 +0200
> Raul Claro <raulclaro@???> wrote:
>
> > Hello, I am stuck in the use of /wine /(which I need in order to
> > install ADE from Adobe and so be able to open digital books),
>
> What format(s) are the "digital books"
> Okular is in the repositoy for epub, mobi, etc.

Adobe Digital Editions is required to download copy-protected epub files
from a number of epub publishers. Those epub publishers directly provide
the customer only only an access token, which ADE uses as authorisation
to download and encrypt the book using a key associated with the purchaser.

It may not be needed to *read* these books, as long as you can supply other oftware with the custom decryption key.

-- hendrik