:: [DNG] meta: list
Página Inicial
Autor: marc
Para: dng
Assunto: [DNG] meta: list
Hi

Just a quick note that in the last week or so google seems
have ratcheted up its rejection of mail from independent MTAs
a notch or two.

IF you check your logs, you might see 550 rejects with a message
such as

Our system has detected that this message is likely
unsolicited mail. To reduce the amount of spam sent
to Gmail, this message has been blocked. Please visit
https://support.google.com/mail/?p=UnsolicitedMessageError
for more information.

In this case this is for an IP+DNS combination that is known
to never have sent spam. And of course the supreme irony of
the matter is that google itself stands accused of injecting
spam into people's email - see noyb.eu

The first reaction is to be a bit bleak about this, but
giving it some thought, there might be a silver lining to
this: This might be a significant step in the split into
"internet classic" the familiar favourite versus
the "hinternet.google", the free, convenient, but
also watered-down and shrinkflated version.

Amusingly I think the DNG list here might have gotten
a headstart on this, with its unconfigured reverse
DNS entry - looking through the recent mails I see
next to no participants from gmail.com - presumably
because they haven't seen mail from here.

So I think the only sensible reaction is to get word out
that to participate in this list it is now even more
important find a decent nongmail provider, or even
better - set up your own MX/MTA.

I know that this can be a bit of a PITA, but if
you maximise for convenience rather than knowledge/privacy,
shouldn't you be using MacOS/Android instead than Devuan ?

regards

marc