:: Re: [DNG] Mixer for alsa
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: aitor
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Mixer for alsa
Hi,

On 24/8/22 10:20, al3xu5 via Dng wrote:
> - other mixers for alsa? I do not know...
>
> So a good gtk gui for alsamixer (just a gui, whitout code changes) would
> be very useful ("good gtk gui" I mean: gtk, with desktop layout
> integration, user configurable).

Yes, I think there is an ongoing lack of a good alsamixer in gtk. In previous releases of devuan, we had Volti:

https://github.com/gen2brain/volti

but it's missing in Chimaera because pygtk-2 seems to be deprecated. The same has happened for wicd-gtk.
Either way, I don't really miss volti too much because of its dependency on dbus [*]

Cheers,

Aitor.

[*] I still use it time to time to go to dhospital