:: Re: [DNG] Question re: screen blank…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: o1bigtenor
A: Ludovic Bellière, Devuan ML
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Question re: screen blanking and shutoff
On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 9:41 AM o1bigtenor <o1bigtenor@???> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 9:21 AM Ludovic Bellière via Dng
> <dng@???> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 29 Jul 2022, o1bigtenor wrote:

> > >No ~/.xsessionrc present.
> >
> > https://wiki.debian.org/Xsession#User_configuration
> >

> > >Did find the following in the update log - - - seems like systemd is
> > >working on sneaking
> > >in the back door even if the front door is bolted shut! (in the
> > >Debian/xscreensaver files.)
> > >
> > > - X11: `xscreensaver-systemd' now detects when a video player has
> > >          inhibited screen blanking and then exits without uninhibiting.

> > IIRC, It's a dbus component to xscreensaver because it can't talk to systemd,
> > otherwise. It's not systemd itself though.
> >
> Just looks like systemd trying to sneak in the back door by making itself
> totally ubiquitous - - - to a not totally knowledgeable person - - - me.
>
> > >I'm finding things are goofy though - - - I made my xrnadr settings
> > >permanent by
> > >writing the commands to a file and saving it (trying to remember where
> > >!!!!1 -0 - - argh!)
> > >and found that I needed to modify that placement.
> > >Changed the file but I still need to change the setup using xrandr
> > >after every restart.
> > >The bulk of things is correct but it would be nice if it all were.
> > >
> > >This issue is frustrating.
> > >I do a reboot and take that 1/2 hour to set everything up the way I want. Then
> > >the screensaver works for 4 days - - - then it quits - - - like every
> > >stinking time!
> >
> > Restart it. Kill the processes and restart them.
>
> I'll try that.
> That should be easier than the rebooting.

OK - - - did just that.
Did a killall for all three browsers and yippee yippee kiyay - - - -
we now have
the screensaver working.

Thank you - - - - but

its a temporary fix - - - I would very much like to get to what is slipping so
that the screensaver no longer functions.

I've been thinking all along that the issue is buried deep in the guts of
our (imo!!) most flabbily coded programs run by most everyone every
stinking day - - - - our browsers.

Does anyone out there in Devuan land that has any ideas as to where
to look to curtail this unwanted behavior in browsers?

TIA