:: Re: [DNG] Lennart now working for M…
Góra strony
Autor: Martin Steigerwald
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] Lennart now working for Microsoft
Peter Duffy - 11.07.22, 11:37:09 CEST:
> It's an interesting development, and in a strange way it feels as
> though it's been coming.
>
> IBM owns Redhat and M$ owns systemd (Poettering has said that he's
> continuing to work on systemd. Presumably that's not going to be in
> his spare time ;) ). I wonder how that's going to play out. Maybe M$
> will make IBM an offer for Redhat.
>
> It seems to me that at the very least, the fact that systemd is now
> M$- tainted is going to make a lot more people start to think about
> dropping it. That's probably good news for Devuan, and other distros
> that have already eschewed systemd.

Thanks for providing that additional insight that Lennart Poettering has
said he will continue to work on Systemd.

And yeah, the role of Microsoft regarding free software IMHO is not a
good one in general. No, they did not change. There are still about
creating monopolies. Office 365 shows.

--
Martin