:: [DNG] Looking for a file (was Re: …
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Olaf Meeuwissen
A: dng
Temas antiguos: Re: [DNG] mouse driver question
Asunto: [DNG] Looking for a file (was Re: mouse driver question)
Hi,

Florian Zieboll via Dng <dng@???> writes:

> On Sat, 23 Apr 2022 09:07:57 -0700
> Fred <fred@???> wrote:
>
>> A previous post mentioned xorg.conf which doesn't appear to exist in
>> Devuan Beowulf (AMD64).
>>
>> So, where do I go from here?
>

> Some time ago, in a similar situation, I had been successful with
>
> $ find / | grep xorg.conf

Make that

find / -name '*xorg.conf*' 2>/dev/null

You can omit the redirect to /dev/null if running as root.

> Also worth a try:
>
> $ man 5 xorg.conf

Or try

https://manpages.debian.org/xorg.conf

if that manual page is not present on your system.
BTW, it's in xserver-xorg-core.
BTW2, I don't think there's a similar service for Devuan, yet(?)

There's also

https://pkginfo.devuan.org/cgi-bin/policy-query.html
https://www.debian.org/distrib/packages#search_contents

where you can search for both files and packages.

All that said, these days the Xorg server works quite well without this
file, auto-detecting things upon startup, so chances are you don't have
this file.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                    FSF Associate Member since 2004-01-27