Til: dng
Emne: [DNG] installing Wine 32
I'm running Chimaera and trying to play an old CDROM. I assume
simplest way is to install wine. When I try to play the cdrom with
wine64 I am told wine 32 is missing. I proceed to install
wine and wine32.

Installation of wine tells me that wine 5.0.3-3 is already
installed.

I proceed to install wine32. I'm told:

   wine32:i386 : Depends: libc6:i386 (>= 2.28) but it is not
            going to be installed
                 Depends: libwine:i386 (= 5.0.3-3) but it
            is not installable

An attempt to install the former lists dozens of dependendencies
that are not going to be installed. Same for libwine:386

I'm afraid of breaking applications. Shouldn't the
installation of an application in the Chimaera repositroy
be simpler than this?

--

     Haines Brown

 /"\