:: Re: [DNG] Wifi problem - dhclient t…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Joel Roth
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Wifi problem - dhclient times out with no reply - SOLVED
On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 08:54:06PM +0100, Florian Zieboll via Dng wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Mar 2022 00:38:05 -1000
> Joel Roth via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>
> > The problem seemed to be with my wifi configuration.
> > I'd been using the 2.4GHz radio. Perhaps the settings,
> > based on Apple recommendations, weren't the best.
> >
> > In any case, by enabling the 5GHz radio with AC mode,
> > WPA2-PSK and 80MHz signal width my BCM43228 associated with
> > the router and received an IP address.
> >
> > Thanks for your attention!
>

> Hallo Joel,
>
> may I ask, how you managed to set your Wifi-Adapter to 5GHz?

Hi Florian,

What I meant to say is that I enabled the 5
GHz radio in my router and connected to its ESSID (distinct
from the 2.4 GHz radio.)

With wpa_supplicant, I don't use the -D option so can't
comment on it.

The iw dev|list|scan|info commands are very informative.
Thanks.

> After moving to a new place where I have to go wireless with my Desktop
> (WTH?!), yesterday I ran into a similar issue, with wpa_supplicant
> (both, with '-D wext' and with '-D nl80211') as well as with a pure
> '/etc/network/interfaces' config) [1]:
>
> With both available USB-WiFi-Dongles (rtl8192cu and rt2800usb), I can
> see the devices
>
>     $ iw dev
>     $ iw list
> resp.
>     $ iw phy0 info

> as well as the available networks
>
>     $ iw wlan0 scan

> but dhclient times out, when querying the "Fritzbox":
>
>     No DHCPOFFERS received.
>     No working leases in persistent database - sleeping.

> Installing NetworkManager via Android-AP and '/etc/network/interfaces',
> as an "emergency workaround", solved the issue for now. Interestingly,
>
>     $ iw dev

> tells me, that I am not connected with 5GHz, as I first had assumed,
> but on
>
>     channel 11 (2462 MHz), width: 20 MHz, center1: 2462 MHz

> Now I'd be curious to see, if with 5Ghz I can go back to my plain old
> config - and how it compares to 2.4GHz in a wooden House.
>
> Thank you and libre Grüße,
> Florian
>

> BTW: I was very surprised to find chimaera's wicd depending on
> networkmanager!

wpa_gui and netaid are alternatives to wicd.

cheers,

joel