:: [DNG] Why do I need xdg-desktop por…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Alessandro Vesely
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: [DNG]
Αντικείμενο: [DNG] Why do I need xdg-desktop portal?
Hi all,

I don't use flatpak, so yesterday I removed xdg-desktop-portal from a machine where it was causing df to err trying to access a fuse mount. I wandered how came xdg-desktop-portal was installed.

Today I got the answer. I run apt-get dist-upgrade on another machine, and got:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
linux-headers-5.10.0-12-amd64 linux-headers-5.10.0-12-common linux-image-5.10.0-12-amd64 xdg-desktop-portal
xdg-desktop-portal-gtk
chromium chromium-common chromium-sandbox chromium-shell linux-headers-amd64 linux-image-amd64
6 upgraded, 5 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 169 MB/169 MB of archives.
After this operation, 365 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

Oh well, I'm going to say Y and purge xdg-sektop-portal right after.

Is there a way to ban it from future upgrades?

Best
Ale