:: Re: [DNG] Wifi problem - dhclient t…
Página Principal
Autor: aitor
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Wifi problem - dhclient times out with no reply
Hi Joel,

On 11/3/22 20:40, Joel Roth via Dng wrote:
> Hi wifi veterans,
>
> I recently migrated my chimaera system to new hardware. The
> wifi adapter is Broadcom BCM43228. Installing the
> firmware-b43-installer package got this adapter working
> normally.
>
> After doing an apt-get upgrade, I can get a a wifi
> connection, for example using wpa_gui, however dhclient just
> times out.
>
> Do you have any suggestions for how to troubleshoot this?

Did you clear the ip addreses? I use the command below together with ifupdown:

#|ip addr flush dev wlan0|

Another way might be to force DHCP client release your ip:

# dhclient -r wlan0

# rm|/var/lib/dhcp/dhclient.wlan0.leases (!! Not sure about the name of the
file storing the leases)|

# dhclient wlan0

This way you reacquire a fresh ip from the DHCP server.||

HTH,

Aitor.