:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2022-03-…
Góra strony
Autor: B Stack
Dla: devuan developers internal list
Temat: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2022-03-03
# Devuan meet 2022-03-03 @20:30 UTC

Present: rrq, golinux, fsmithred, Hendrik, bb|hcb, plasma41, Lars
Noodén, Plentyn

## Old Business

## Old Actions

## New Business

### LeePen
* Jenkins core and plugins upgraded.
* New packages in ceres: devscripts-devuan, dbus, network-manager,
  reportbug, apt (thanks amesser).
* [Updated Jenkins
  pipeline](https://jenkins.devuan.dev/job/test-pipeline/) is working
  well. Will consider deploying next week.
* Updated Maintainer Guide:-
  * add devscripts-devuan
  * update autopkgtest info
  * add workaround to avoid having to install debhelper modules on build
    host.

### rrq
* did some performance studies regarding VM versus direct service on
"nodes"; the qemu VM fencing seems to add up to 10% cpu cost and
somewhere between 2-5 times slowdown on networking.
* This led to looking more into "direct service", and first off the rank
is a custom setup dubbed "subhost" (by me) -- i.e., running container
like subhosts under general "unshare" of kernel resources.
https://git.devuan.org/rrq/subhost.git
* It is being setup as under ganeti "VM" administration to simplify all
virtual disk mirroring and ease of migration between the "nodes", and
as a principle the current VMs will be migrated as-is, while
preserving all their VM-ness, in order be able to immediately go back
to proper VM if things turn sour.

### hendrik
* There's thread (Feb 24 to March 1) on the DNG mailing list about being
unable to reach deb.devuan.org using IPv6. I can't investigate this
myself, not having IPv6 available. (bb|hcb) They reported that a
router reboot fixed it...

### bgstack15
* I cannot attend the meeting
* Whom should I contact to address the decreased space in the cryptpad?
The available space went down from 1GB to 100MB, and because I have
been the secretary for almost 2 years, I have apparently just over
100MB of pads. I could delete most of them, I suppose, or work with
somebody at Dyne who administers this. (gl) There was no notice to
anyone at Devuan about the change. :( Communication failures suck . .
.

## New Actions