:: Re: [DNG] No-Internet Devuan Instal…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: aitor
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] No-Internet Devuan Installer?
Hi,

On 24/2/22 21:39, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp via Dng wrote:

>> Isn't that exactly what
>> https://files.devuan.org/devuan_chimaera/desktop-live/
>>
>> and
>> https://files.devuan.org/devuan_chimaera/installer-iso/
>> devuan_chimaera_4.0.0_amd64_desktop.iso and
>> devuan_chimaera_4.0.0_i386_desktop.iso
>>
>> do?
> And you'd need to burn the packages of all extra software you want (e.g. *-dev) + dependecies - in case that you want to install them later. Might turn out that you need a copy ofhttp://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged/dists/chimaera-* of whatever architecture you want to use. Don't know how big a copy of one architecture might be, but I guess you should use BD instead of DVD.

Only the netinst image requires network connection. This image contains just the minimal amount of packages to install the base system;
from thereon the remaining packages are installed over the internet.

For your purpose, Steve, the desktop installer-iso mentioned by golinux might be the best choice. As a complement, cd2, cd3 and cd4
contain more packages sorted by popularity. So labeled images are entirely optional and play the role of a local repository that can be
added with "apt-cdrom add". Hence, they aren't meant to boot.

Cheers,

Aitor.