:: Re: [DNG] Another reason for why I …
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Arnt Karlsen
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Another reason for why I use Devuan
On Fri, 18 Feb 2022 02:44:12 -0300, Gastón wrote in message
<20220218054412.GA5165@???>:

> On Thu, Feb 17, 2022 at 10:52:43PM -0500, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 17, 2022 at 05:41:59PM -0800, Syeed Ali wrote:

> > > I like this quote:

> > Just checked. On my pure devuan system,
> > there is no /etc/machine-id filre,
> > but there is a /var/lib/dbus/machine-id
> >
> > Should I worry?

..dunno, chk
https://www.mail-archive.com/dng@lists.dyne.org/msg24726.html

> I leave here the link to the thread with the discussion about
> machine-id that occurred in this list in 2019
>
> https://www.mail-archive.com/dng@lists.dyne.org/msg24687.html
>
> In /etc/default/dbus you can set the IDTYPE to be a RANDOM value.

..thanks for the remainder, I had a feeling I had forgotten something
of importance updating a wee spare ascii disk install to chimaera.

..lost a coupla days worth of emails and command line history in my 1GB
stopped dead disk, after getting distracted from backup-ing blue smoking
the red and blue wiring off my other Precision M4400, crisy clear green
monochrome at 1920x1200@60Hz didn't leave enough video memory for any X
on any plug-in screen, all the while while the consoles were annoyingly
consoling. ;oD

Scenarios always come in sets of three: